Emergency Dental Services in Sherwood Park
Are you experiencing severe pain or at risk of developing a dental infection? If your answer is yes, you might need emergency dental services. Emergency dental services are available in Sherwood Park as we acknowledge the discomfort and stress of having extreme oral pain.
A dentist near you can perform emergency dental treatments on you to keep your teeth functional, reduce discomfort, or prevent oral infections from developing into more severe health problems.
Do You Qualify for Emergency Dental Services Near You?
The following is a list of symptoms that a dentist near you may assess for rapid oral intervention to prevent infections:
- Agonizing pain
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Bad smell in your mouth
- Broken teeth
- Severe swelling in the gums or face
- Adults experiencing frail teeth
- Pus from a dental treatment
- Lost crown or filling
- Objects in between teeth
- Fractured teeth affecting the gums
When these conditions are present, your first call should be to a dentist near you to receive emergency dental services. In the meantime, the following first-aid tricks will help you deal with common emergencies:
- If you broke a tooth, you should wash the fragmented piece with warm water and apply an ice pack to the outside of the mouth to slow down the inflammation.
- If your tooth falls completely, wash it thoroughly – do not scrub – and be careful not to touch the root; hold it by the crown.
- If you have any external objects between your teeth, try using dental floss to remove them.
- If you lost a filling, you could try sticking sugarless gum over your missing filling before a dentist performs any dental treatment.
- With a piece of very cold, clean, and wet cloth, you can treat uncontrollable bleeding.
- If you bite your lip or cheek, wash, and control the bleeding before seeing a dentist for stitches.
Dental conditions that you cannot treat at home are:
Periodontal disease – symptoms include extreme pain and bleeding gums.
Infection – symptoms of severe infections include jaw pain and pus in a damaged tooth.
Even if you aren’t dealing with gum disease or a progressive infection but you still think you should come in for treatment, do so. It’s always better to err on the side of caution as opposed to ignoring the problem or letting the issue fester and grow worse.
A Dental Problem That Can Wait
If you are experiencing mild to moderate pain or discomfort in your mouth, a dentist near you can assist you and give you a dental checkup appointment for the coming days. Mild dental problems, however, do not present problems to your overall health. For example, a broken tooth without pain, toothache with no associated symptoms, loose crowns or fillings can be treated by a dentist in Sherwood Park at the most convenient time. Finally, in time, certain issues will heal on their own.
Practice daily oral hygiene and attend regular dental checkups to prevent dental emergencies. During a dental checkup, your dentist will assess your oral cavity for any signs of tooth decay, gum illness, or infections, and if necessary, they will secure crowns and fillings in place.
Call us for any dental emergencies in Sherwood Park at (780) 570-0288. Our team is here to aid you on your dental journey and will do everything we can to ensure that your smile is back to normal and does not cause you any problems when you’re eating your favorite meal or talking with your friends.
Book your next dental checkup appointment with Aspire Smile to prevent dental emergencies.